Online Dating vs Finding Singles In Clubs And Bars
When you are looking for love, the usual spots are sometimes all a person has to help them.
When you are looking for love, the usual spots are sometimes all a person has to help them. However, the usual clubs and bars are not always what you would expect. While many of these establishments have a host of men and women just itching to find someone, you do not know their intentions. Let’s look at the pros and cons of finding love in some of these familiar places.
Pros of Clubs & Bars vs Online Dating
There are actually many more good things than are talked about below. This article focuses on some of the most important things to consider.
- Volume: The sheer volume of singles available is just amazing. At times, it almost looks like every single person in the world has gone to the one place you are in. There is certainly not a lack of choice when visiting clubs or bars.
- Variety: The variety of the types of nightclubs, dance clubs and bars is also almost unlimited. With as many types of music, political views, cultural views, etc., there is a specific club or bar for the same interest. Just pick one you like and you have already won half the battle.
- Timing: Most of these places are usually open whenever you need them to be. In other words, they are open when you are lonely and are actually looking for someone to meet. On the same token, unless you are going to a fancy dinner at one, you don’t need reservations-walk in whenever you want.
- Anonymity: The anonymous nature of the people you meet could do a bad past some good. Someone who cannot meet someone because of things they are hiding, or what epopel know about them, will have no problems with meeting people in places like clubs or bars. The past disappears when you meet people who don’t know you, giving a person a second chance.
Cons of Clubs & Bars
Again, there are many more cons than are listed here, however these three are the single most important to remember when finding singles in clubs or bars.
- Anonymity:The people you meet at these clubs or bars could have the best intentions, or they could have the worst intentions. The problem is, you never know who you are going to meet. The person you are one day taking home to meet your parents could in fact be the biggest serial killer.
- Values: Values and morals sometimes get thrown out the door when taking advantage of the places such as these. The values you might have may not be the same as the person you met. As there is no way to tell right away, it can cause problems in the future when your values collide.
- Safety: When you are trying to find love form the singles you meet in these establishments, you never know what you are going to get. The greatest things about them can also make them the most dangerous. Remember to keep track of whom you meet and before you get intensely involved with anyone, make sure to do your research to make sure you are dating who they claim you are dating.
Why Online Dating is Better
You could meet some great singles at a club or a bar and you might even meet someone who you want to bring home and meet your parents one day. However, what people seem to forget is that while it is possibleto meet the “golden single,” it is more likely that the person you meet will have an ulterior motive of some sort. This could mean they would not be compatible with you for whatever reason and you wouldn’t find out until you were already emotionally involved and it were too late to easily break it off.
When you are dating online, on the other hand, it is a much safer way to meet singles in many respects. When you meet someone online, you are not forced to send messages, as you are forced to talk with singles in a bar or club. When you meet someone online, you do not have to deal with the trauma of possibly being taken advantage of, because you have the distinct advantage of finding out who you are about to date before you even try to talk with the prospect. There are many reasons why online dating is better than finding singles in a club or bar, but your continued safety is always the best one.